SAP® Business ByDesign® 2008 is now available. To get an overview about the most important new functions of SAP® Business ByDesign® 2008, please read the following document: What’s new
You can find the new focus-topics in release 2008 within the following list:
Resource Management based on Planned Work in Project Task
- As a resource manager, I can see the resource availability of the employee based on the planned work under the project task. The project task, service as well as period plans are taken into account (Blog).
Time Administrator can block updates to old time entries
- As a time administrator, I can restrict updates of old time entries from the Employee self service time sheet. Project time approvals, updates by a manager or time administrator are allowed (Blog).
Rehire with New Employment: Employee Central – SAP Business ByDesign integration
- The Employee Central – SAP Business ByDesign Integration now supports the Rehire with New employment option in Employee Central (Blog).
In total customer improvement requests with 118 votes were delivered for the Human Resources area in 20.08.
For detailed information about What’s New in the Human Resources area, please click here.
Dynamic target groups
- Marketing employees can now segment target groups by using reports and refresh for periodic execution of campaigns. So, customers are enabled to leverage business transactions as trigger for marketing and customer communication (Blog).
Insight-to-Action: Set ABC classification for customers & suppliers
- Marketing, Sales and Service employees can now directly change ABC classification from a report (Blog).
Extended sales quote forecasting and predecessors
- Marketing, Sales and Service employees are enabled to manually add a reference to presales and service documents (Blog).
Sales quote analytics with and without quote versions
- Sales and Service employees can create sales quote versions and do sales quote analytics for master version and versions. (Blog).
Maintain Absolute and Percentage based Overall Discounts in CRM documents
- Sales Representative are now able to maintain fixed value and percentage based overall discounts in CRM documents like sales, service and invoice documents (Blog).
In total customer improvement requests with 214 votes were delivered for the Customer Relationship Management area in 20.08.
For detailed information about What’s New in the Customer Relationship Management area, please click here.
Obsolete status for production master data
- In case Bill-of-Materials (BoM) or Bill-of-Operations (BoO) are not used anymore in production, e.g. because of end of product life cycle or adjustments in manufacturing procedure, they can now be set to obsolete (Blog).
Pre-Delivery Project Stock Orders from 3PL-Site
- Project stock order items for pre-delivery is now enabled to be send from a site operated by a third-party logistics provider (3PL) (Blog).
Include Attachments in Output for Outbound Deliveries
- If you have important attachments in your outbound delivery, you can now send the attachments together with the Advanced Shipping Notification per Email or print it together with the Delivery Note (Blog).
In total customer improvement requests with 234 votes were delivered for the Supply Chain Management area in 20.08.
For detailed information about What’s New in the Supply Chain Management area, please click here.
Intelligent Supplier Invoice Scanning
- Users can now scan of PDF documents by using SAP’s Intelligent Document Extraction Service. This provides a simplified and more efficient way of processing supplier invoices in high quality. (Blog).
In total customer improvement requests with 105 votes were delivered for the Customer Relationship Management area in 20.08.
For detailed information about What’s New in the Supplier Relationship Management area, please click here.
Legal change for TCS
- In India as per recent law change, From 1st Oct 2020 onwards, TCS will be applicable for all the goods after the total transaction with a supplier exceeds 50L.
Debit Note in GST
- The Debit Note can be created as a follow-up document with its own separate numbering format and document type for a selected invoice. This offers customers a convenient and legally compliant solution for paying their enhanced tax liability in their returns (Video).
Posting Date relevant change in Tax Returns
- In Italy, as per the recent law change, companies may post invoices with tax due date different than the posting date. (Video).
Warning for Wrong Combination of Tax code
- In Italy, it’s legally required that VAT relevant numbers should be in sequence.To prevent the choice of a wrong and inconsistent combinations of tax code and supplier/Customer, now system will show warning message for inconsistent combinations (Video).
Net Tax Difference Zero Posting from Summary Invoice
- It is now possible that a monthly invoice can now post a product tax correction in case the net tax difference is zero (Video).
Invoice Validation during Posting and new Capabilities with Summary Invoice run
- The validation of customer or supplier invoice for existing summary invoice takes place during creation of invoice itself, rather than during summary invoice creation.
In addition, an existing summary invoice run can now be copied to a new one and the fields within Summary invoice run are disabled after activation of run (Video).
Enhancement of Selection Parameters for E-Accounting report
- Two new fields are introduced in the form of Customer ID and Supplier ID. So foreign customers and suppliers can be uniquely identified.(Video).
Payment description in the output file of E-Accounting report
- The payment run description for the payments executed will appear in the description field for the journal entries and line items in the E-Accounting report output file (.xml). So, the description field will no longer show ‘Sin description’ for the entries generated from automatic payment run (Video).
Customer Account Statement, Include Journal Entry Vouchers
- The customers are now able to view the Journal Entry Vouchers in addition currently displayed documents such as Customer invoices, Credit memos, Down payments , Payments, Bank fees, Customs duty invoices.
South Korea made Generally Available
- South Korea country has been made generally available for user selection from Business Configuration in SAP Business ByDesign.
E-Tax Invoice, Update ASP Status Handling
- It is now possible for customers to maintain ASP specific status for each E-Tax Invoice (Video).
Statement of the Costs of Goods Manufactured
- The new analytical report Statement of Cost of Good Manufactured for South Korea is a corporate tax report, which supports the Cost of Goods Sold figures on the income statement which also includes balance sheet section for inventory WIP and inventory RAW.
Income Statement & Cost of Goods Sold
- The analytical report helps the South Korean customers to manage their annual financial reporting by providing the legal structure of: Profit and Loss Statement.
Spain External system document number
- In Spain, most of the companies have 3rd party system to create Customer Invoices. When these invoices come to SAP Business ByDesign, they get SAP Business ByDesign document number and this number was getting reported in SII return. It is now possible that SII return can report the external system generated document number (Video).
QR Bill in Customer invoicing
- By end of June 2020, new Swiss QR-bill was introduced to replace all currently used Swiss payment slips (Video).